openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Apple's Mac App Store Page
Date Sun, 24 Mar 2013 22:27:43 GMT
[In Apple's World, there are consumers and then there are developers, and geez, but they make
it hard for the two to meet. Finding even this preliminary information was not obvious, and
I even have developer accounts.]

Apple has guidelines for submitting apps to their Mac App Store. (Note, the Mac App Store
is not the same as the iOS App Store, though I suppose they'll eventually converge.) The portal
page for the Mac App Store:

* https://developer.apple.com/appstore/index.html

Clicking on the Mac App Store Guidelines link puts you on page demanding your Apple ID login/pwd
to proceed. (This is normal for Apple, and I did this the last time we promoted OpenOffice.org
on the Apple applications list, back in 2010 or so; and, embarrassingly enough, what eventuated,
at least for a while, was that my name was listed as the applications. Sigh.)

So, I have a developer membership, however, it's lapsed… and costs 99 US big ones to renew
it per annum. Sucks. So, unless someone gets the très important guidelines for applications,
and it seems that one can get them only as an Apple dev. member, then….

Best
louis