openoffice-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From janI <>
Subject Re: [CODE][PROPOSAL]: replace cppunit with GoogleTest
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 17:14:38 GMT
On 11 March 2013 16:56, J├╝rgen Schmidt <> wrote:

> Hi,
> as part of our ip cleanup we remove the cppunit sources and allow the
> system cppunit only. This is sup-optimal and a limitation from my point
> of view.
> I looked for an alternative and found GoogleTest [1] which seems to be a
> possible alternative. I don't have time to investigate deeper in this at
> the moment but maybe there is a new volunteer who is interested to
> investigate some time here. I think it's a perfect task to get started
> and play around with some basic modules like cppu etc.
The project I worked with (at work) last year used GoogleTest, combined
with Python scripts and we had a little more than 10.000 unit test cases,
which was tested at the end of every build run, so it works. We had however
a pure C++ environment (apart from some php and js) so that may be a
difference to AOO.

I can really recommend it, and it a good oportunity for a new volunteer. If
nobody takes then I will grap it after I have finished l10n.

jan I.

> Juergen
> [1]
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> For additional commands, e-mail:

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message