openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Writer save error
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 18:39:04 GMT
Hi Keith,

Keith Brown schrieb:

>    Hi. I'm writing a book with a large number of equations and
> cross-references in it and recently ran up against a problem saving the
> file. There are approximately 4800 equations currently in the text and
> many cross-references and figures. When I add equations I get a save
> error: "Error saving the document xxxx, General Error. General
> input/output error."
>
>    I don't know if this is a bug in the program or a "feature". Is there
> a coded limit to the number of equations that can be put into a
> document? If so, in what file in the source would I find it specifically?

Have you already increased the "Cache for inserted objects" in Tools >
Options > OpenOffice.rg > Memory? The value seems to be limited to 1024.
You need the highest setting.

I don't know, whether a limit exists. Try whether the problem
disappears, when you divide the document in two parts.

Kind regards
Regina