openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Barton ...@tasit.net>
Subject Re: Writer suggestion
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2013 18:51:07 GMT
Donald, Since you are not subscribed to this list you may not have seen
these replies.

-------- Original Message  --------
From: Donald Mayse <maysedjpop@yahoo.com>
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 19:47:01 -0400

> I recently started a document with 4 columns.  I then tried to have no
> columns on subsequent pages.  As far as I can tell, it can't be done
> without removing the columns from the first page.  Can you incorporate
> some method of easily discontinuing columns in a document?

> chengjh wrote:
>> Hi Donald,
>>
>> Please add page break with a different page style, and then to modify the
>> column setting for the subsequent page..In AOO, the page settings are
>> applied to page style. So, you need to use page style for your scenarios.
>> Hope it helpful for you.Thanks.

> tj wrote:
>> Hi, Donald,
>>
>> Columns are a property of page styles and sections. For what you want, simply assign
a different page style to your second page: one with only one column. The "Default" style
will probably suffice. The new style will propagate to the following pages.

>> Questions like yours are better directed to our users' mailing list:
>> <users@openoffice.apache.org>
>> or to the forum.
>>
>> HTH,
>> /tj/

> Fernand Vanrie wrote:
>>  Donald ,
>>
>> make 2 page styles
>> - one with 4 columns and with "next" style no columns.
>> - one with no columns and "next" style 4 columns
>>
>> swith from page style when wanted
>>
>> hope it helps
>>
>> Fernand

For more detailed information about page styles please see the
"Documentation" link on the Apache OpenOffice "Support" page:
http://www.openoffice.org/support/

Regards
Dave