openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTML5 animation module for impress
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 09:13:09 GMT
On 22.04.2013 09:03, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> Idea is pretty simple, with impress you can generate swf files with
> the slides from Impress. The animation code was broken for several
> ages. However, swf format has been somewhat fall on obsolecense.
> However HTML5 fileformat is gaining popularity.

I think HTML5 to use for showing Impress animations is a good idea.
Animations are encoded in SMIL (the animation part of SVG) anyway. The
biggest problem is probably to get a good representation of the shapes
(ie not bitmaps).  If done right the result could be better then what
Impress does today.

-Andre