openoffice-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From J├╝rgen Schmidt <>
Subject [RELEASE]: proposed deadline for logo changes
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2013 15:27:11 GMT

we are moving forward to the next release and if we want have a new logo
as part of this release we have to push the necessary work.

It will require some work to integrate a new logo, new icons etc. in the
release. I would like to propose a deadline of May 17th for a final new
logo. If we can't agree on a new one we will move forward with the old
one and move the logo UI refresh to 4.1.

I believe we all want a new logo ready for AOO 4.0 and if we really want
to achieve this goal, we have to move forward quite fast now. So let us
focus on a decision here asap that we can start with the further work on
file icons, app icons...

We still have a lot of work in front of us to fix existing issues,
implement the last missing bits and to stabilize the code. The logo is
only one part and we can move this to later as well. More important is
that we agree on something really nice and that we can use for some time
in the future to improve our brand recognition. Our existing orb logo is
of course not bad and we can continue with it as well if we don't find a
better one. Maybe simply a refresh of the existing one is a good move
for now. A new source graphic (svg) +  an open source font.

What is our expectation or guess when we will have something where we
can work with?


To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message