openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject INFO: OpenOffice help authoring
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 11:18:01 GMT
Hi,

I tried to find some info (thanks to Ariel for some additional pointers)
about our help format and the help authoring tooling. If somebody has
the time and interest to dive deeper in this material here are the
pointers I have so far.

http://www.openoffice.org/documentation/online_help/

http://www.openoffice.org/documentation/online_help/OOo2HelpAuthoring.pdf

As mentioned earlier I have also investigated in the helpauthoring
extension that is probably useful to maintain and/or create help files.

A version (including the template) can be found under
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/test/helpauthoring.oxt

Nevertheless should we start thinking about a replacement and using a
real online help as preferred solution. And an offline help version as
optional download... Something like that, it would reduce the install
package a lot

Juergen