openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Logo Survey now Open!
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 17:08:43 GMT
On 24 April 2013 18:32, Virgil Arrington <cuyfalls@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Rob,
>
> Thank you for the opportunity to give input into the new logo. I just took
> the survey and, while I appreciated the opportunity to give comments on
> individual logos, I wanted to just give a general observation.
>
> Of all the logos I saw, only one had a serif typeface. I think the use of
> a classic serif typeface (Garamond, Linux Libertine, Goudy, etc.) might
> work well in the logo.
>
> Virgil
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Rob Weir
> Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:50 AM
> To: dev@openoffice.apache.org ; marketing@openoffice.apache.**org<marketing@openoffice.apache.org>;
> users@openoffice.apache.org
> Subject: Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Logo Survey now Open!
>

> The Apache OpenOffice project is planning a "brand refresh" for our
> next major release, Apache OpenOffice 4.0. As part of this effort we
> are looking to update our logo.
>
> We've received 40 proposals from community members and we would like
> your feedback on these designs.
>
> You can find the survey here:
>
> http://survey.openoffice.org/**index.php/815178/<http://survey.openoffice.org/index.php/815178/>
>
> Thanks in advance for your participation and feedback.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob

Thanks rob, very nice job.

I assume we will at some point go in a second round with just a few logos,
would it be possible (at that time) to have these logos additional as:
Logo for the product (sw)
Favicon

There are a couple of those I like, which I cannot judge if they would look
nice in something as small as a favicon.

rgds
Jan I