openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Call for AOO 4.0 translation volunteers via update notification
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 17:05:56 GMT
On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 1:00 PM, janI <jani@apache.org> wrote:

> On Apr 9, 2013 6:47 PM, "Rob Weir" <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > We talked previously about putting out an update notification for OOo
> 3.3.0
> > users, to make sure they are aware of AOO 3.4.1, and that if their
> language
> > is not yet translated, let them know how they can help.
> >
> > My proposed landing page is here:
> > http://www.openoffice.org/projects/untranslated.html
> >
> > Since we don't have a lot of time remaining for translation, I focused on
> > the languages that are more than 90% complete.
> >
> > Let me know if there are any needed changes to that page.
> I like the page, but would it be possible to have link or something to a
> full list of languages, and maybe sort the list.

I link to Pootle in the last paragraph, and the user can then sort it
however they want.  Note that points to the 3.4 project in Pootle.  I don't
see anything for 4.0.

> you miss danish and german at least, remember we have new texts for 4.0 so
> no language is 100%.

Yes, but that will be a different communication via the L10n list, for
languages where we already have translators.  My main focus here is to
reach out via new means to those who, we have not been successful reaching
in other ways.  We'll need to try a few things, mailing list, blog post,
etc.

Regards,

-Rob