openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contact message (from OpenBob)
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 16:32:06 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> if 0.01% of them misuse a contact form, it will cause us problem.  So
> we need to be very careful.  Having a prominent link that says "Help"
> on the wiki is very attractive to a user looking for help, even if it
> is totally unrelated to an admin question.

We could maybe try putting a disclaimer on the form at
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Special:Contact
like the one we have in the Bugzilla footer. Or, better, with a link to
the forum for user support. Something like (feel free to fix the language):

This contact form is for technical problems with this wiki site, not for
OpenOffice problems. Please use http://forum.openoffice.org/ for support
requests concerning the OpenOffice program.

Regards,
   Andrea.