openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contact message (from OpenBob)
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 18:12:44 GMT
janI wrote:
> Of course next time someone makes a BZ, announces it, and it remains
> uncommented, I will still hesitate to implement it, since it is obvious
> that 72 hours  is not enough to guarantee that my time isnt wasted.

The problem is not you, but users misusing it. We couldn't imagine this
in advance.

> I searched for other contact forms, that was more flexible and only aimed
> at login (as pr BZ), but found none, unless I wanted to modify the mwiki
> code, which I dont want to do.

Do we have more flexibility in the footer? Maybe it is possible to
replace the contact form with a footer text like:

For support requests and problems with OpenOffice use the official
forum: http://forum.openoffice.org. For problems with this wiki site
(not with the OpenOffice program), e-mail dev@openoffice.apache.org and
insert [MWIKI] in the subject of your e-mail.

This would still serve the purpose, even though e-mails will almost
always have to be moderated.

Regards,
   Andrea.