openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building From Eclipse
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2013 09:20:50 GMT
On 12.07.2013 10:54, Ajay Bhat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the Eclipse IDE for development and I've svn checked out the
> OpenOffice trunk files. Can anyone give me a quick guide or point me to a
> link to building in Eclipse as its not mentioned here
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO?

I think that at the moment nobody know how that works or if it works at all.
However, I remember having seen a blog post by about building mozilla
with eclipse.  It involved a lot of tweaking of eclipse's parameters
like enlarging the amount of memory to the JVM and fiddling with CDT's
parameters for scanning C++ files.  I will try to find the link but that
may take some days.

The general steps would be:

- Create a new (C++) project from the SVN repository.

- Let eclipse download the source code.

- Let CDT scan all C/C++ source files.

- Wrap AOO's build command into an Ant file.

- Hit the button to build AOO

I guess that wrapping the build command into an Ant file is the hardest
part.

-Andre