openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] New localization requirements policy needed for releases
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 07:04:21 GMT
On 14/07/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
> In this specific case, for AOO 4.0,  I'm suggesting we release any
> additional languages that are 100% on September 16th.  This is similar
> to what we did for AOO 3.4.1.  After that date I think we then wait
> for AOO 4.1.

Releasing a new language should be rather easy and repeatable, so it is
something that we can do once a month (but I can understand that August
may be problematic due to holidays).

Ideally, we should have a monthly update, say around mid-month, where we:

1) Release new languages (of course, based on the same code revision as
4.0, exactly as done for 3.4.1) that have reached 100% UI translation.

2) Formally unrelated to #1, we make (unreleased) dev snapshots
available of languages that have UI at 75-99%.

Regards,
   Andrea.