openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible show stopper on Windows 8, please verify
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 12:24:28 GMT
On 7/16/13 2:03 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 7:39 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I also gave it a try on Windows 8 (64 bit) and there's no sign of a crash.
>>>
>>> Elaborating further on particular conditions. Maybe it's related to
>>> specific hardware, e.g. graphics card?
>>>
>>> @Samer: As you seem to be able to reproduce the issue constantly, do you
>>> have any special hardware?
>>
>> it is not easy for me to decide at the moment. What do others think? A
>> respin means rebuilding all platforms, signing and uploading the new
>> files. And then another vote cycle of 72 hr.
>>

> Do we need another 72-hour vote?  If there are no objections I'd
> support making a patch without triggering a full vote.

from my point of view not, I know the code, what we change and I can
live with reviewing the generated patch between the RC and the new build.

And the longer I am thinking about the issue and that it is now known
that there is a potential problem I am getting more confident that we
should do the respin.

I will check what other potential important uncritical fixes can we
include as well. But I would like to have it at a minimum to reduce the
testing effort for the respin.

Juergen