openoffice-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jürgen Schmidt <>
Subject Re: Possible show stopper on Windows 8, please verify
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 12:24:28 GMT
On 7/16/13 2:03 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 7:39 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <> wrote:
>> On 7/16/13 1:06 PM, Peter Junge wrote:
>>> On 7/16/2013 6:55 PM, Max Merbald wrote:
>>>> Hi Jürgen,
>>>> I just tried the same action with both AOO 4 without your dll file and
>>>> with it, using even the very same file where I had that crash on June
>>>> 22, but in neither case did I have a crash this time. I think I'll work
>>>> a bit more with Openoffice 4 now and if anything of the kind happens
>>>> again I'll report right away and write down the exact circumstances. I
>>>> think it might be possible that it happens only in very special
>>>> circumstances, maybe dependant on which other software you're running
>>>> while working with AOO 4.
>>> I also gave it a try on Windows 8 (64 bit) and there's no sign of a crash.
>>> Elaborating further on particular conditions. Maybe it's related to
>>> specific hardware, e.g. graphics card?
>>> @Samer: As you seem to be able to reproduce the issue constantly, do you
>>> have any special hardware?
>> it is not easy for me to decide at the moment. What do others think? A
>> respin means rebuilding all platforms, signing and uploading the new
>> files. And then another vote cycle of 72 hr.
> Do we need another 72-hour vote?  If there are no objections I'd
> support making a patch without triggering a full vote.

from my point of view not, I know the code, what we change and I can
live with reviewing the generated patch between the RC and the new build.

And the longer I am thinking about the issue and that it is now known
that there is a potential problem I am getting more confident that we
should do the respin.

I will check what other potential important uncritical fixes can we
include as well. But I would like to have it at a minimum to reduce the
testing effort for the respin.


> -Rob
>> I personally will run into a time problem because I have to move into a
>> new flat and will be offline for some days until Thursday of next week.
>> It's no big deal and somebody else can do the work and a good release is
>> of course important ;-)
>> If we want a respin than we have to decide today and ideally until 3:00
>> pm (UTC +2).
>> Juergen

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message