openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible show stopper on Windows 8, please verify
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 07:02:24 GMT
On 7/16/13 9:57 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Dave Fisher wrote:
>> Let's not make a big deal out of our quality process and then skip a
>> REQUIRED part of the Foundation's process.
>
> Exactly. We will need a new vote here. Thank you everybody for how this
> issue has been handled. I think that Rob's blog post captures very
> nicely the values and strengths of this community.

I disagree here, we should take into account who does the work.

The from ASF perspective important src release is available since
yesterday evening and I planned to start the vote yesterday but the mail
didn't left my mail program :-(. Everybody who is interested, able or
willing to test this src release can do that since yesterday. No need to
wait on an official vote start.

Binaries for Mac and Windows are also available. Only by a typo in my
script the language packs are still in the process.

I plan to start the vote now until late Friday afternoon (5:00pm UTC+2),
that I am able to prepare everything before I will be away for some days.

If that is not ok for some people please let me know and I will skip my
plan. This has nothing to do with less quality but simply with pragmatism.

Juergen