openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Possible show stopper on Windows 8, please verify
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2013 07:51:15 GMT
On 7/17/13 9:02 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 7/16/13 9:57 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> Dave Fisher wrote:
>>> Let's not make a big deal out of our quality process and then skip a
>>> REQUIRED part of the Foundation's process.
>>
>> Exactly. We will need a new vote here. Thank you everybody for how this
>> issue has been handled. I think that Rob's blog post captures very
>> nicely the values and strengths of this community.
>
> I disagree here, we should take into account who does the work.
>
> The from ASF perspective important src release is available since
> yesterday evening and I planned to start the vote yesterday but the mail
> didn't left my mail program :-(. Everybody who is interested, able or
> willing to test this src release can do that since yesterday. No need to
> wait on an official vote start.
>
> Binaries for Mac and Windows are also available. Only by a typo in my
> script the language packs are still in the process.
>
> I plan to start the vote now until late Friday afternoon (5:00pm UTC+2),
> that I am able to prepare everything before I will be away for some days.
>
> If that is not ok for some people please let me know and I will skip my
> plan. This has nothing to do with less quality but simply with pragmatism.

to make it even more clear for those people who only looking on the 72
hr. I would like to prepare my part and finish it before I leave. When
the files on dist there is still some work to do. SF have to synchronize
the files to their mirrors over the weekend, final test of the download
links etc. And hopefully everything is in place until Monday that the
final release preparation can be finished and the release can go out.

Juergen