openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Marxen <guenter.mar...@googlemail.com>
Subject Update 3.4.1 -> 4.0.0
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 22:38:04 GMT
Hi,

with AOO 3.4.1 DE with system integration under Win 7 Pro x64 I just
tested the upgrade "mechanisme" to 4.0.

After klicking on "... Update available" (German: "... Update
verfügbar") at the right in the menue bar and then in the following
dialog on "Download" ("Herunterladen"), there is shown the web-page

http://www.openoffice.org/de/?utm_source=AOO3_4_1_de&utm_medium=Client&utm_campaign=Upgrade

   (1) The prominent headline is "Announcing Apache OpenOffice 3.4"

   (2) There is no "prominent" link to "download AOO 4".

I think unexperienced users are disturbed and perhaps they don't know
how to go on.

Only after klicking on "Download" in the "menue bar" of this page with
"Produkte   Download   Support ..." there is the download link for AOO 4
"Windows (EXE) and Deutsch".

But furthermore I suggest to make the link for "all platforms,
_languages_..." more prominent for those (like me) who install several
language packs (and do not check all text on the page).

--
Grüße

Günter Marxen