openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Marxen <guenter.mar...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: first start of AOO 4
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2013 19:02:53 GMT
Hi Jürgen,

Am 30.07.2013 06:15, schrieb Juergen Schmidt:
> Am Montag, 29. Juli 2013 um 16:52 schrieb Guenter Marxen:
>> The Spelling Checker "Duden Korrektor 6.0.0" seems to be incompatibel
>> with AOO 4 ("loading component library failed..."). Or has anybody other
>> informations?
>>
> The Duden corrector is a C++  extension and they become easier incompatible. But with
the stlport change for AOO 4.0 it is natural that it is incompatible and needs at least a
recompilation.
> Especially for C++ extensions the maintainer should use a max version dependency and
should ensure if everything works.
> Even a compiler upgrade can cause an incompatible change.

many thanks. I'll ask the Duden publisher and report, when an
AOO4-version is available.

(If I understand it correctly, since AOO 4 there is no longer extension
compatibility with LO. I'm curious what Duden publisher decides.)

--
Grüße

Günter Marxen