openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Ricardo Berlasso <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pasting HTML not possible in AOO 4.0?
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 14:10:59 GMT
2013/7/22 David Gerard <dgerard@gmail.com>

> Just preparing to update the Wikipedia article, and tried pasting from
> a web page into AOO 4.0.0 Writer. It gives "Requested clipboard format
> not available." (The paste works fine in LO 4.0 and is formatted as
> one would expect it to just work.)
>
> Is this actually supposed to happen - no ability to c'n'p from a web
> page - or will it be a weirdness of my setup? Admittedly I'm running
> the Windows binary under Wine ...

That's the answer... ;)

Copy-paste from web work without problems on native Linux binaries. Note
that Linux clipboard works different from windows clipboard: I think that
if you copy from a win firefox running on wine to the win AOO running on
wine you'll have no problem, but copying from a Linux app and pasting to a
win app running atop of wine... well, that's wine's problem/bug.

Regards
Ricardo