openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Should source changes require [discussion] and/or issue submission?
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2013 22:00:38 GMT
On 29 July 2013 23:05, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

> Kay Schenk wrote:
>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/**marketing/art/galleries/logos/**aoo-working/<http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/art/galleries/logos/aoo-working/>
>> Last week, two of the original svg files -- files prefixed with:
>> Apache_OpenOffice_Logo_ChrisR_**selected_2013-06
>> were changed. These changes were  not discussed in advance, nor an issue
>> submitted for them. Given the events of the day, it was the PMC's decision
>> to not  veto these changes, but to copy these changed originals
>>

> Thank you Kay for the reminder. I added a WARNING.txt file to the
> "aoo-working" directory to help avoiding changes that have not been
> discussed here first.

I like the WARNING.txt file, could we agree to use the same file for other
"sensible" (not sure if that is the right word) areas ? I think of e.g.
release notes.

>  So, back the original topic. Given recent events, do we want to have a
>> changed policy to require issue submission and/or list discussion before
>> new commits?
>>

> I'd say we don't need it in general; it will be helpful for all
> significant code changes, but surely we don't need it for the website.
> Let's rely on common sense and peer scrutiny.

+1, lets not make it too complicated to work, that said with a smile !! For
significant code changes, a discussion is a must, but I thought it was
already policy ?

rgds
jan I.