openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Coordination on AOO 4.0 Release Announcement
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 16:34:28 GMT
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 7:11 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> As Juergen pointed out, the AOO 4.0 release vote has successfully
>> completed.  The release is approved.
>>
>> However, please *do not* go out and start announcing the release yet.
>> We need to coordinate a few final steps before this is done,
>> including:
>>
>> 1. Provisioning the files to the Apache and SourceForge distribution
>> directories
>>
>> 2. Waiting for the files to replicate within the mirror network (as
>> much as 24 hours)
>>
>> 3. Verify download scripts against actual AOO 4.0 files.
>>
>> 4. Complete the release notes.  Convert them to HTML.  Give some time
>> for translations.
>>

> Does this mean we'll move English  Release Notes to web as always?

Personally, I think that is a pain in the ass to convert the wiki
Release Notes to HTML.  Remember, our goal has been to make the
Release Notes nicer, with more graphics, etc.  So this is going to
make conversion more difficult.  But if someone really wants to do
that, then I have no objections.

-Rob