openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Possible show stopper on Windows 8, please verify
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 17:28:16 GMT
On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> Putting on my Apache Member Hat. I do have an issue with skipping a re-vote.

OK.  I did say, "If there are no objections..".   It sounds like there
are some concerns, so let's just run the full ceremony run through.

It may be possible to wrap the voting up by the end of the week, but
it will be better (for press coverage) to have the announcement occur
next Monday than at the end of the week.  If we aim for Monday that,
hopefully, will give everyone ample time for the vote as well as
post-vote activities.

Regards,

-Rob

> PMC members are checking signatures and checksums? And we are verifying that the source
tag matches the RC for source? These are guaranteed to change with the re-spin.

> Let's not make a big deal out of our quality process and then skip a REQUIRED part of
the Foundation's process.

> Thanks,
> Dave
>
> On Jul 16, 2013, at 9:24 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:

>>> crash.

>>> it is not easy for me to decide at the moment. What do others think? A
>>> respin means rebuilding all platforms, signing and uploading the new
>>> files. And then another vote cycle of 72 hr.
>>>

>> I don't have an issue with NOT re-voting. This is after all, ONE
>> (significant) bug fix as opposed to the integrity of the whole product.
>> Will changed source with one date be a problem with existing sig files?
>> That's my only concern.
>>

>>> I personally will run into a time problem because I have to move into a
>>> new flat and will be offline for some days until Thursday of next week.
>>> It's no big deal and somebody else can do the work and a good release is
>>> of course important ;-)
>>>

>>> If we want a respin than we have to decide today and ideally until 3:00
>>> pm (UTC +2).
>>>

>>> Juergen

I opened

Windows 8