openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice 4.0 is now available
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 09:59:50 GMT
On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 5:54 AM, Hans Zybura <hzybura@zybura.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> it may be a bit early, but...
>
> Searching for OpenOffice on sourceforge.net gives a result, where the download link still
points to AOO 3.4.1 en-US.

None of the announcements suggest going to SourceForge.net and finding
a download link there.  The instructions say to go to
http://www.openoffice.org/download and follow the link there.

> I've been somewhat puzzled by sourceforge.net when I downloaded AOO 4.0 some minutes
ago.

> Starting from http://www.openoffice.org/download/ the automatic download of the DE version
4.0 was OK in general.

> But after some minutes into the download, the sourceforge screen changed to a view, where
again a big green download button appeared. This download button led to AOO 3.4.1 en-US, not
to AOO 4.0 DE.

We can investigate that, though it is not the normal path to
downloading OpenOffice.

Regards,

-Rob