openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: availability of uploads and synchronize SF mirrors
Date Sun, 21 Jul 2013 00:58:19 GMT
On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
> Am 07/20/2013 12:45 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
>
>> Here a little update what I can see:
>>
>> 1.
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.0.0/binaries/
>>
>> The builds seem to be completely received on SourceForge. So, for me
>> it's done.
>>
>> 2.
>> http://www.apache.org/dist/
>>
>> No "openoffice" directory and therefore no binary and source builds.
>> Maybe Juergen and Infra are still working on this. I'll look again today
>> evening/tomorrow morning (European timezone).
>

> This is unchanged.
>
> At the end it seems that we won't have source files available when we
> annouce the release. Is this any kind of stopper? The source is available as
> usual via SVN access. So, I don't know.

Yes, this is a problem.   Remember, dist is also the secured Apache
location for the KEYS file as well as the MD5 and SHA256 files for the
binaries.   So we really need to have that working before we start
distributing the binaries.

But the release announcement is not happening until Tuesday morning,
so there should be time to figure this out.

> If not then I would unstage the dirs/files on SourceForge and therefore make
> the AOO 4.0 release visible for the world. And update the download webpages.
>
> As the announcement is planned for Monday I will do this on Sunday evening
> (European time).

The announcement is planned for Tuesday morning, not Monday.  I don't
mind if the website gets updated a half day or so before then, but I
think we need to have our stuff on apache.org/dist before this
happens.

Do you know what the technical problem is?

Regards,

-Rob