openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: upgrades on Linux...
Date Sun, 14 Jul 2013 22:39:42 GMT
On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 6:11 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Mechtilde <ooo@mechtilde.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello Kay,
>>
>> I already wrote at 29.06.2013 12:50 under
>>
>> Re: [RELEASE]: propose new snapshot build based on rev. 1496831
>>
>> I did a test in a clean virtualbox under Debian Wheezy 32 bit.
>> First I installed AOO 3.4.1 without problems
>> Then I installed the developer Snapshot from 2013-06-27 with dpkg -i *.deb.
>>
>> This doesn't work proper. I get many errors, for example: "openoffice
>> kollidiert mit openoffice.org3" and so on
>>
>> I tried it also with --auto-deconfigure but this doesn't solve all
>> problems.
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Mechtilde
>>

> Thanks, Mechtilde --
>
> It seems last revisions to fix this were imported on 2013-07-01, and
> supposedly addressed this.
>
> I take  from your response that the RC candidate does NOT un-install 3.3 as
> it should?

For what it's worth,  I did test the upgrade scenarios with the RC,
with OOo 3.3.0, AOO 3.4.0, AOO 3.4.1 and LO 4.0.  But these were all
tests on Windows.   With 3.3.0, 3.4.0 and 3.4.1 upgrades the old
version was correctly removed.  But it does leave one empty directory
behind:

C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\share\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages

This is a minor issue, but I'll enter a BZ issue for it.

-Rob