openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [UX][DESIGN EXPLORATION] - flat application icons
Date Sat, 06 Jul 2013 15:10:18 GMT
Samer,

Nice explorations.

Could we try a version where the the app icons are all round? This would associate the product
icons with the AOO icon.

The document icons could remain square.

Finally, could we see try the icons without the birds. They are hard to render at small sizes
and add noise.

Let's keep sketching ideas. Best to visualize the feasible options.

Kevin

On Jul 5, 2013, at 10:24 AM, Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Grand@me.com> wrote:

>    Hi Samer,
>
> On 05.07.2013 16:03, Samer Mansour wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> I've thrown my icon set up again if you are interested in using it or
>> altering it, let me know.
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO4+-+Desktop+Icons
>
> Thanks for sharing, nice stuff. As you know, I like the rectangle ones which are similar
to 'App'-style ones, thus I like the 1st line :-)

> I saw you have changed the symbol for Impress; I think it's not too well distinguishable
as Presentation app/File, I had to detect it by excluding the other ones. Would it be better
to use the 'Dia' association which Kevin used, maybe with graphic objects in the dia?