openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Starting Introduction to Contributing to Apache OpenOffice Module
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 19:39:02 GMT
Scott Robert wrote:
> I am Robert Scott
> I was an IT Project manager for the US Department of Justice and now retired.
>
> I enjoy writing technical documentation and would like to volunteer for this task.

Hello Robert and welcome to the Apache OpenOffice community. We are
currently preparing the User Guides for AOO v4.0.0 on our MediaWiki
(mwiki) site (http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide)
and all help in this large effort is appreciated.

As your main interest appears to be in technical writing you would be
best to subscribe to the documentation mailing list at
mailto:doc-subscribe@openoffice.apache.org. Follow the instructions in
the reply e-mail that you receive and you will be subscribed to the
list. All discussions around documentation take place on this list.
Introduce yourself there and let us know a little about your background.

If you are new to Open Source and the Apache Software Foundation I
strongly suggest that you continue though the first two levels of the
Orientation Modules as well as the level 3 module
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-doc.html.

I look forward to seeing you at the douc mailing list and to working
with you.

Regards
Keith