openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Hriň <michalh...@aol.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][VOTE]: Release OpenOffice 4.0 (RC)
Date Sun, 14 Jul 2013 08:05:41 GMT
Dňa Sun, 14 Jul 2013 09:42:03 +0200 Juergen Schmidt
<jogischmidt@gmail.com> napísal:

> Am Sonntag, 14. Juli 2013 um 06:35 schrieb imacat:

>> https://translate.apache.org/zh_TW/aoo40/

>> > http://markmail.org/message/pxgvjuw2j3ukqsom
>> >
>> > Concerns should have been risen at that time, it was discussed on the
>> > mailing list, and properly tagged ("if it does not happen on the
>> mailing
>> > list...").

>> > For this particular case, the translation of the main 4.0.0 feature is
>> > incomplete
>> https://translate.apache.org/zh_TW/aoo40/svx/source/sidebar/
>> > How serious would it be to release this translation in such a state?
>> The
>> > same applies to other languages released in 3.4.* but not in this
>> 4.0.0
>> > RC.
>> >

>> Hmm... I see the problem with side bar translation. And I'm very
>> sorry that I was in my research paper and did not notice the previous
>> discussion. However, there are several issues of concern:
>>
>> 1. I am going to give a talk in our largest local open source
>> conference (COSCUP 2013, http://coscup.org/) on 8/3, and plan to
>> announce OpenOffice 4.0. It is the first talk after the key notes. It
>> would be very embarrassing to announce it without a local version
>> released.
>>
>> 2. There would be a large-scale deployment around August or September
>> (6000-7000) in a government department, and they are planning to join
>> our development force in order to fix some Chinese problems in
>> governmental use. If OpenOffice 4.0 Traditional Chinese version is not
>> available at that time, we could only give them 3.4.1, which their
>> development could not be based on.
>>
>> I've asked our local community to help the translation in urgent.
>> If we can finish the Traditional Chinese sidebar translation with
>> certain amount, could it be OK to release it?
>>
> let translate the UI First and then we can figure out what's possible.
> Hopefully some other languages can continue the translation as well and
> we can think about a language only release where I am a big fan of to
> support local communities.
>
> But in general we have discussed it and I would have not released German
> (my mother language) if the UI translation would have been not complete.
> Just to make sure that we need active local communities who participate
> in the project or at least in the translation part.

Hi Juergen,

Yust today German translation is done. I and French community made some
changes
in translations.
Did you think about rebuilding some (sk, fr, de maybe cn) binaries ?

- Michal Hriň

--
Táto správa bola vytvorená poštovým klientom v prehliadači Opera:
http://www.opera.com/mail/