openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From John Cummens <bizore...@earthlink.net>
Subject Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice website
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 19:05:03 GMT
This is not a problem with your website but with Calc.  Unfortunately, I have had to go back
to MS Excel after many years using OpenOffice.  This is because your OO 4 Calc is so buggy
that I am losing parts of spread sheets and data.

It starts with what I will call "ghost lines" appearing on the spread sheet.  They go away
if I click on various cells.  Then it progresses to where I cannot open one of the tabs in
the ss notebook.  It is completely unavailable.  On one spread sheet it finally resulted in
my not even being able to save the spread sheet (as a newly names OO spread sheet or evan
as an Excel spread sheet), so this one tab is completely unavailable (all the years or data
lost).  I found recently (on another spread sheet) that if I quickly save the notebook when
I an unable to open one tab (to a newly names notebook) then the problem seems to go away.

However, many of my spread sheets have years of financial information in them.  I cannot afford
to lose this data.  Your new version of OO is too unstable for me to risk it.  Although i
do not like Excel (although i must use it at the office), I find that I must go back to it
or risk losing my data.  There seems to be no way to get this message across to OpenOffice.org
other than to send this email.  Maybe it will help others (if you fix the bugs).

John Cummens
bizoregon@earthlink.net
T: 541.431.1101
C: 541.543.3571