openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pootle setup for 4.0.1 (Re: Proposal -- AOO 4.0.1 Release)
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 13:28:21 GMT
On 8/8/13 3:06 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 07/08/2013 janI wrote:
>> On 7 August 2013 13:07, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> We have to convert them all in po, merge
>>> against the latest templates from 4.0 and safe them in a secure
>>> place/project and use new languages on demand
>> No problem, I would have preferred another way, but this is less work
>> now.
>
> I'm renaming this subthread, since we all agree on the 4.0.1 proposal in
> itself and discussions are only on the Pootle update now.
>
> I see in Pootle that the project names, after the discussion here, now
> follow the same pattern of 4.0.0: "aoo401" and "aoo401help": perfect.
>
> The point where I and Juergen disagree is how many languages should be
> available in Pootle.
>
> My deepest concern is that we don't waste the translators' time and that
> we are prepared to receive help immediately. So, for me, now is the time
> for importing everything from SDF to Pootle: we still have at least
> three languages (sr, sh, bg) where volunteers have been waiting for more
> than one week for us to put 4.0.0 in Pootle.
>
> Juergen, how can we guarantee that this is not the bottleneck if we
> don't import everything now? As for creating Pootle accounts, I usually
> create them within 24 hours, which is fine. But creating a Pootle
> project (a new language) looks more complex and more critical.

by simply having a few more people having the necessary rights to access
the machine and doing the work directly.

Having all languages there requires even more maintenance work over time
that I am not willing to spend if there is no active community

I stopped to add languages more or less when we started the 4.0.1
discussion ...

You will notice that initial 4.x projects use of course 4.x and not 4.0.
My understanding is that only the sdf files in svn count and Pootle is
just a tool. And in future the po files in svn counts instead of. I
don't think they have to be in sync. But anyway if people want to have
the overhead I am fine as long as I don't have to do the work.

Juergen