openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Barton ...@tasit.net>
Subject Re: removal problem
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2013 13:22:22 GMT
Copy to Peter Lindqvist - Non-Subscribed Poster

Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 10:51:10 +0200
> Peter Lindqvist <peter.lindqvist@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear Sir/Madam!
>>
>> I installed an update for Open Office one week ago and there came som
>> unwanted programs with it.
>>
>> On of theese is really annoying and i need guiding help to uninstall it.
>>
>> It is QV6, som kind of add on that infected IE 10 and Firefox. Firefox I
>> reinstalled and the problem were fixed there, but with IE10 I just don't
>> se any solution. Do You?
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Peter Lindqvist, Svaengsta, Sweden
>>
>> peter.lindqvist@gmail.com
>>
> You must not have downloaded from www.openoffice.org/download. From that site there are
no add-ons integrated wth the OpenOffice dowenload. I recomeend that you remove the program
entirely, run a virus and malware scan, then redownload from the above site only (or as redirected
by it to Sourceforge) and reinstall again.

> To remove the faulty program entirely you may need to use something like RevoUninstaller
at its most aggressive settings.