openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Barton ...@tasit.net>
Subject Re: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice website
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 09:33:18 GMT
-------- Original Message  --------
From: MichaƂ Mulawa <michmu@o2.pl>
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:53:32 +0200

> Hi
> so i wanted to upgrade my OpenOffice from 3.31 to 4.0. I landed on the
> following url: http://www.openoffice.org/download/ . There are 3 main
> things on that page: share via facebook/twitter/googlePlus, browse
> addons, browse templates. But I don't want any of theese, I just want to
> download the installer. there is no easy-to-find link to do so. I
> suppose it shows up after i share it on FB/etc, bot I dont't have any
> account on any of them. Even if I had an account, why would you force me
> to share such an information?
>
> the "download page" without the actual download link makes no sense, I
> hope you fix this...
>

> regards,
> mike

Do you not see a large green button that says:
	"Download Apache OpenOffice 4.0.0
	 Click here for the most recent version for:
	 <your operating system> and <your language>"

If <your operating system> and/or <your language> are not correct click
the "Get all platforms, languages, language packs." link and select the
appropriate option from the table there:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html

You are not subscribed to this list. I have cc'd you as a courtesy,
please reply only to the list.

Regards
Dave