openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Should download pages *require* Javascript?
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 19:22:45 GMT
Am 08/20/2013 08:37 PM, schrieb Donald Whytock:
> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Marcus (OOo)<marcus.mail@wtnet.de>  wrote:
>

>> In the past it was, sorry, a pain in the ass to keep this webpage
>> up-to-date as there were always changes in paths, version number and
>> languages (new were included, old were dropped out). Copy&  paste errors
>> were often occurring. Now it is much easier to update it as the table is
>> generated via JS logic and this logic is filled via a few variables.
>>

>>   If it were turned into a static page, I think it might be a better
>>> alternative to the ASF mirror structure.
>>>

>> IMHO this wouldn't change anything, except for JS or no-JS.
>>
>> So, it seems we need an intermediate step between the green box and the
>> big table.
>>

> Can the table be generated server-side, perhaps, by a PHP script?

Good question but I don't know. Mostly it depends on:
- can the script grab the content of the JS variables from the webpage?
- which server do you mean?
- who is willing/able to change it into PHP?

However, I would like to keep everything download-releated in a single
area. It's simply better to maintain.

Marcus