openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Brainstorming: Can we refactor the website to make translation easier?
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:16:43 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 26, 2013, at 10:16 AM, Dave Fisher <wave@apache.org> wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Aug 26, 2013, at 9:20 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Dave Fisher <wave@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Since some of us like me are on vacation would it possible to either put this
into a cwiki page or other clear summary. I have a lot I can add about the current setup like
why you lost the rightnav - ie you need a subdirectory in templates.

>> Great.  I was hoping that you in particular would weigh in on this,
>> since I know you have given this a lot of thought as well.
>>
>> I'll continue hacking in the xx directory and start a new thread
>> summarizing the state of the work in a couple weeks.
>
> Beautiful. If xx is checked in then I'll hack on it too and we can collaborate.

I will look into changing the ssi.mdtext rules to either be auto built or moved to the content
tree. Auto built is preferred.

We might want to have some translate and setup scripts as discussed some time ago.

Some consideration of download and other JavaScript setup can be similarly scripted.

Time will tell but we can hook the setup scripts with po files for string translations. A
side task of automating the ssi.mdtext will be to enumerate navigation and branding strings
for pootle translation.

> I think we can also look into improving branding element standards which will need to
fit in the framework.

Regards,
Dave

> I wonder if there is an httpd module that can hold a database or lookup table of redirections?
If so I need something like it for work too which gives me some cycles.

> Regards,
> Dave
>

>> -Rob
>>

>>> Regards,