openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Microsoft Censors OpenOffice Download Links
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 17:54:55 GMT
On 16 August 2013 17:32, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Hagar Delest <hagar.delest@laposte.net> wrote:

>> If ASF does not want to do new things because no other ASF project has even tried,
then I'm rather worried about the future. Especially when on the other side LibreOffice has
a so efficient team, very good at marketing their project.

> 1. Maybe ask LibreOffice how many torrent downloads they see?  That
> would be an interesting number to know.

FWIW, as a user: when I get the latest LO, I always do so by torrent,
and it comes at the speed of my connection (~700kB/sec); when I get
the latest AOO from Sourceforge, it's slower (100-200kB/sec). So I
always go for a torrent of anything that's the least bit popular
(Ubuntu CD images as well).

(sf.net being that slow is odd. Maybe I'm unlucky with which UK mirror
it gives me.)

- d.