openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IDEA] "Back to School with AOO" blog post
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 19:01:24 GMT
On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 1:54 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> > It is that time of year now:  back to school.
> >
> > I wonder if this could make a good blog post.   Of course, AOO being
> > free is core part of the story.  But even better would be if we had a
> > "top 10" list of ways in which AOO is great for school.
> >
> > Maybe specific templates or extensions that are especially useful for
> school?
> >
> > Good for students as well as for teachers?
> >
> > Any special tips or techniques about using AOO for school work?
> >
> > If we can come up with 10 nice ideas, I can write it up in a blog post.
> >
> > Pleas share any ideas you might have.
> >

> Here is a draft blog post, using a number of the ideas suggested in this
> thread:
>

> https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=back_to_school_with_apache
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob

Point #7 should probably be either "friend's PC" or "friends' PCs".

Alternately...

"You can run OpenOffice from a USB-stick and so work everywhere using your
personal settings, including PCs at a school, library or internet cafe, or
your friends' PCs, even if OpenOffice is not yet installed on them."

Don