openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with building branch l10n40 on MacOS
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 13:33:58 GMT
On 10/10/13 3:05 PM, janI wrote:
> On 10 October 2013 13:56, Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jan,
>>
>> as promised I tried to build the l10n40 branch on MacOS. I started with
>> my normal config settings and included some languages (keyid bg da de
>> en-US).
>>
>> The first error I got was in l10ntools, makedepend was missing which is
>> built in soltools. This is strange because l10tools has a build
>> dependency on soltools. Anyway solving this manually I got the next
>> error in l10ntools.
> Firstly thanks for taking time to test the branch.
>
> makedepend should be (as you write) built in soltools. I assume you
> used "build --all --genPO" ?

my first attempt was to build simply with "build --all" from instset_native

>> The next problem was that lucene was not built and here the build
>> dependency is missing in l10ntools/prj/build.lst. Solving manually ...
>
> I removed lucene, because I could not see it being used in the make
> files, however I had recently to "restore" the helplinker since its
> used in helpcontent2, maybe that uses lucene, I have to dig into that.

lucense is used in the help system to generate the index etc. I believe
it is done partly during build and later during the first start of the
help. Can't remember the details.

>> Next problem is a missing hash_map header
>>
>> In file included from
>> .../svn/l10n40/main/l10ntools/source/help/HelpLinker.cxx:24:
>> .../svn/l10n40/main/l10ntools/source/help/HelpCompiler.hxx:28:20: error:
>> hash_map: No such file or directory
>> .../l10n40/main/l10ntools/source/help/HelpCompiler.hxx:37:32: error:
>> boost/shared_ptr.hpp: No such file or directory
>
> both hash_map and shared_ptr should be part of boost, I will try to
> investigate it a bit.
>
> Actually I will modify the makefile, not to include helplinker when doing genPO.

not sure if I understand but independent of using --genPO or not the
build should work ;-)

>> It seems that some build dependencies are missing ... I will continue
>> when I have time ...
>
> Thanks a bunch. wait until I have changed the makefile.
>

>> Is the branch in sync with trunk or nearly up-to-date?
>
> I merged with trunk just after the 4.0.1 release, but of course I have
> modified several makefiles and solenv/inc, but that should only be
> used after l10ntools is generated.
>

>> My recommendation is to build from scratch with a clean env to detect
>> missing dependencies.
>
> I do that approx. 1-2 times pr week, but only on ubuntu.
>
> I delete all instances of unxlng6.pro, run configure, bootstrap and
> then build --all --genPO.

I will try it with --genPO next

Juergen