openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error installing an extension
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 07:50:50 GMT
On 10/21/13 9:40 AM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 10/19/13 9:21 AM, Jörg Schmidt wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I received a confirmation, because of my help on offer:
>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_Packager#BasicAddonBuilder_and_AOO_4.x
>>
>> When installing an S-extension occurs an error message.
>> Can someone only based on the following error message saying what the problem is?
>>
>> The error-message is:
>>
>> (com.sun.star.deployment.DeploymentException){{Message="An error occurred while enabling:
TestProgramMacro". Context =
>> (com.sun.star.unoXInterface) @bbe9010}, Cause = (any){(com.sun.star.lang.IllegalArgumentException)
{{Message =
>> "",Context=(com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @0},ArgumentPosition=(short)0}}}
>>

> the error handling is far from good or optimal in this context. It's not
> possible to identify the root cause for this highlevel exception.
>
> But by the way I was able to install the extension version 0.5.1 from
> the wiki page in AOO 4.0.1 on MacOS without problems.
>
> Or do you mean that created extensions with the addon builder have this
> problem?

Ok I was to fast, the first start crashed my office, the second start at
least show me the dialog. But selecting a library freeze the whole office.

But in general I don't like the idea to install an extension which seems
to be an extension installer itself. Why not simply providing the 3
three libraries each as standalone extension. This way they can be easy
installed and uninstalled.

Juergen