openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extensions
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 07:48:40 GMT
On 10/25/13 1:25 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Vladislav Stevanovic wrote:
>> We had in Serbia simmilar problem with one of the most-frequently-used
>> extension in Serbian. Thanks for Jörg Schmidt he made version for AOO
>> 4.0,
>> but we have still some problems here, because old version of this
>> extension
>> is still visible on AOO Extension site! It is silent message for all:
>> this
>> is not working on AOO, but here is on our site.
>
> Indeed, we must do something about this. PDF Import is another excellent
> example: people do not read that the 4.0-compatible version is available
> as a different extension and keep complaining and believing that a
> 4.0-compatible version does not exist... this creates confusion,
> misunderstandings and a huge waste of time for support.

we can simply define a rule that unmaintained extension will be removed
when the owner doesn't reply on mail requests.

That means we can send a mail to the owner and if he doesn't reply at
all or is not willing to add these information, we remove the extensions
completely.

It can be quite simple

Juergen