openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Amazon
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 21:05:24 GMT

On 2013-10-10, at 17:00 , Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

> On 18/09/2013 Drew Jensen wrote:
>> Just thought I'd touch base on this - if anyone has a contact at Amazon,
>> and after the dust settles from the release, perhaps a nudge to get them to
>> update their sales page to 4.0.1. It appears to still be dishing up, or at
>> least promoting, 3.4.
>
> I don't have any contacts at Amazon (and actually it seems that the download is only
available to registered users based in the US), but indeed it would be nice to have 4.0.1
listed, OpenOffice is in their top 50 downloads. Can anyone approach them? The page to be
updated is this one:
> http://www.amazon.com/Apache-OpenOffice-Open-Source-Download/dp/B008XAXAC4
>
> Thanks,
>  Andrea.

We did have communications with Amazon employees who work on Apache. I think Don Harbison
was working most closely with at least one, though i can also contact him.

Louis