openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject Re: Submission for consultants page
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 23:44:07 GMT
> From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]

> > Sorry, but I think the website does not comply with the
> necessary formalities.
> >
> > Always has been emphasized, these are marked on the
> relevant websites trademark of Apache, for example:
> >
> > "IBM Support for Apache OpenOffice <TM>"
> >
> > and not only:
> >
> > "IBM Support for Apache OpenOffice"
> >

> I think that would be more confusing.

Sorry, but appearance is imho not so much the issue here, but rather trademark rights of Apache.

Yes, that is formal, but how else should this be handled?

> It would suggest the entire
> name was a trademark since it is a continuous name with capital
> letters.

It does not have to be in the headline. Put identification in continuous text, for example
in:

"IBM® Support for Apache OpenOffice™ offers expert technical support for Apache OpenOffice™,
..."

where IBM is already marked with ®.

Greetings,
Jörg