openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject Re: Crowdfunding for Apache OpenOffice
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 14:23:32 GMT
Hello Raphael, *,

> From: Raphael Bircher [mailto:r.bircher@gmx.ch]

> I beleve this is a realy important topic. If we want to grow, we need
> more professional ressource. We all know, founding for
> development most
> going on outside ASF. But maybe we should create a guidline how
> Crowdfunding could work on our community, and how we can support such
> activity.

I'm not sure, but I'm afraid there's a problem of understanding. "Crowdfunding" is
(imho) a topic for third parties who have specific interests for changes to AOO.

"Crowdfunding" is when:
someone collects money or resources to *independently* make the changes *he*
needs. He can return code to the project, but they must not do.

Sponsorship or support for the AOO project itself, is when:
someone donates money for Apache, or paid developers and provides the manpower
available

I do not see that apache should set up rules or aids provide for Crowdfounding
because it is not an issue for the AOO project *itself*.

Greetings,
Jörg