openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Packages from Unofficial Apache OO Debian repository updated to version 4.0.1
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 01:32:36 GMT
Hi,

On 2013-10-08, at 19:33 , Marcelo Santana <marcgsantana@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Oct 2013 15:16:56 -0400, Louis Suárez-Potts
> <luispo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Louis,
>
> [...]
>
>> Thanks, too for the Debian packages. But I'm curious if for the Ubuntu packages
>> we are making clear and easy for users to actually download them and install?
>> My experience with Ubuntu's latest is that it's … not easy for those unfamiliar
with CLI.

> By chance were you thinking about something like this (unfortunately
> there is no English version)?
>
> http://almalivre.wordpress.com/2012/05/30/apache-openoffice-instalacao-via-repositorio-nao-oficial-para-debianubuntumint/
>
> Regards,

Yes. My Br-Pt is adequate enough that I could read it and understand. My concern is just that
when regular users of Ubuntu (not Debian Geeks), try downloading AOO, they likely will be
frustrated, as the latest versions of the OS make it quite difficult indeed to bypass Canonical's
very narrow gate.

-louis