openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Vladislav Stevanovic <stevanovicvladis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extensions
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 09:15:05 GMT
2013/10/25 J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com>

> we can simply define a rule that unmaintained extension will be removed
> when the owner doesn't reply on mail requests.
>
> That means we can send a mail to the owner and if he doesn't reply at
> all or is not willing to add these information, we remove the extensions
> completely.

That is my opinion too, but you have people who still using previous
version of AOO or Ooo. We must have solution and for those people. Maybe we
can do this in a few stages:
1) We can marked all old extensions as incompatible for AOO4.0. In the same
time, we will sent meil to the authors of this extensions with request to
make changes for compatibility for AOO 4.0. in next 6 months. After that
period, if job is not done, we will remove this extensions.
2) Inside this period of 6 months, we will improved filter option for
searching by version of Oo. On every page on this site there will be notice
that old extension will be completely removed in the end of 6 month.
(second option will be: removed in other place, something like backstage;
it will not be visible in the regular pages like it is now).
3) After 6 months, we will sent mail to the authors of extension again that
we can offer another 7 days to do this changes, if not, we will remove (or
move in some other place) this extension. In the mail, we can also say that
we will be happy to see this changes, to keep this known extension in live.
But, if that not happens, we will calling our community to make new version
for AOO4.0. because it is our obligations to ensure the availability of all
existing features.

Comment, please?
Regards,
Wlada