openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: 80 million downloads
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2013 10:47:42 GMT
Le 30/11/2013 22:10, Rory O'Farrell a écrit :
> It would be best if the silent mapping of OpenOffice to LibreOffice on many linux distros
could be stopped. Use a common linux distro, try to install OpenOffice using the package manager,
and what does one get - LibreOffice.

Exactly.
We still have many users complaining that they can't install AOO because a libreoffice package
(integrated in the default ubuntu install) is preventing the completion of the process.

There had been a discussion about AOO in the GNU/Linux distros some time ago. There had been
good progress IIRC but I've lost sight of it. Should we make it a target for the next Ubuntu
release for example?

I agree that GNU/Linux desktop for business is not something we should care for the moment
but for the personal use, I think it's important.

Hagar