openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: 80 million downloads
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 20:19:00 GMT
Am 12/02/2013 08:54 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
> Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
>> On 01-Dec-2013, at 19:22, Ian Lynch wrote:
>>> We can blame Ubuntu or Canonical or we can fix it.
>> This is not a new thing and I've asked that we provide clear clear
>> instructions to naive users (like, oh, me) about how to change it
>> without going geek.
>
> There's a step-by-step guide at http://www.openoffice.org/porting/ ;
> isn't it easy enough? Does it need more visibility?

when I would search for install instructions, then I won't expect a
different webpage than for install instructions:

https://www.google.de/search?q=apache+openoffice+install

The first hit wins. ;-)

BTW:
https://www.google.de/search?q=apache+openoffice+install+ubuntu

This gives an interesting first hit. Maybe someone with Ubuntu could
test this and can report the results (is it working?, is it easy?,
compatible for non-geeks?, etc.).

Finally, to add this link additionally to the porting webpage due to
Debian is OK but must not be the only one.

Ciao

Marcus