openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AOO and Ohloh stats
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 07:54:41 GMT
On 12/3/13 3:56 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:

> On 03-Dec-2013, at 09:14, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts
>> <lsuarezpotts@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Rob, would you object if I quoted your post in toto on my blog,
>>> ooo-speak.blogspot.com?
>>
>> No objection.
>>
>> I'm also thinking of fortifying this page, where we link to the Ohloh stats:
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org/stats/
>>
>> We should probably be more specific with the caveats there.
>
> Yes. Though of course no amount of caveats nor any quantity of clarifications will remove
the need of constantly reminding people.

> What I would further like to do is reach out to my journalist contacts of yore and a)
point them to your excellent blogs and others', too; elucidate that AOO is not OOo and that
we are an expanding community of contributors and users.

we are OpenOffice, please don't confuse more people. We simply moved
over to Apache but we are OpenOffice. We adapt the name to include our
new home in the name but we talk about OpenOffice, on disk we are
OpenOffice and the community is a major part of the OpenOffice community.

It is not a Y direction where 2 groups move in a different direction.
One group left OpenOffice and started LO and move away in a different
direction. But we continue the path of OpenOffice with a slower speed
for some time. That's all.

Juergen

> I would of course not represent myself as any kind of community manager (let alone leader)
here; Andrea's the chosen one, thankfully! :-) And you, Rob, do a terrific job of community
engagement.