openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: space in wiki for documentation of branches
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 15:16:38 GMT
On 08.01.2014 07:50, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 1/8/14 3:09 PM, jan i wrote:

>>> the
>>>>
>>>   A VERY good idea...maybe a main heading -- Development Planning (or a name
>>> of your choosing) -- under Project Planning. Thanks for bringing this
>>> up...I was just wondering about some of the branches the other day.
>>>
>> isnt that what we already have at
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Source_Code
>>
>> here we have branches/tags etc documented.
>>
>> why should we make a new place ?
> no need of course, just a problem to find the hidden secrets in our
> nirvana ;-)
>
> Juergen

Yes, thats why I am asking. I could not really find it, so a place in
the confluence wiki would be better. I think this would fit perfectly
somewhere in the development planning area so that everyone interested
could find what is worked on and evtl. gets even motivated to step in.
Isnt that the place people look at when they try to find out what is
going on? I would be ready to document my existing branches in brief and
extensively for new ones. An initial page per branch and maybe a short
description would be enough as a minimum (maybe autogenerated when
someone creates a branch in trunk, adding creation date and
creator...just dreaming).

In that form it may also give a preview of what may be coming to the
next versions (without forcing it, it should be train model based). E.g.
with accessibility when it would have been documented there it would be
more clear where it comes from, evtl. how far it is progressed and if it
will be in one of the next versions (e.g. include a single 'progress'
percent number).

Kay, I guess you are the one who could prepare a place for these (if we
agree to do so)...?