openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Tomlinson <rich...@tomlinson.net>
Subject Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice website
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 21:54:38 GMT
I have been using OpenOffice for a few years, originally the Sun
Microsystems official version.

Since installing 4.0.1 I have been unable to get any work done as
OpenOffice crashes almost immediately no matter what file I open.
Proceeds to file recovery than crashes again.  I have read everything I
can understand in the user help section and can not fix the issue. I
uninstalled 4.0.1 and installed the previous version 3.4.? but now it
crashes also.

I must abandon use of this product as it prevents me from accomplishing
useful work.  This is a very large and complex product and would be
wonderful if it worked.  For future users perhaps you should concentrate
on the fundamentals, stability and ease of updating.

Richard Tomlinson