openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Dev Volunteer
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2014 13:15:36 GMT
On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Juande Manjon <juande.manjon@outlook.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> This is my first mail to the dev list to communicate my interest to volunteer in this
great project. I'm a C++ developer specialized in document processing and generation in different
formats. I'm familiar with OOXML and OpenDocument schemes and I would like to focus on the
huge list of open-imp
> bugs.
>
> I'm a Spaniard guy that unfortunately like thousands of experienced software engineers
have to emigrate to survive the financial crisis in Spain. Now I'm living with my family in
Massachusetts US, working in a new script API to generate documents in different formats.

> I'm still reading the introduction chapter and I will try soon checking out the code
to setup a local build environment, for sure I will have fun for a while and I'll start sending
questions to the list.

Hello Juande,  Welcome to the Apache OpenOffice project.  We're always
happy to hear from new volunteers.

I live in Massachusetts as well.  I hope you like snow!

Hopefully you have seen our "new volunteer orientation" pages on the
website here:

http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/

These pages give a lot of information that you might find useful about
the project and how it works.

Specifically you'll want to review this page for information about how
to get started with the development:

http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-development.html

That should you get started with a build.

What operating system will you be working with?

Regards,

-Rob